The Smart Micro Automotive RADARs can be integrated in the following way to acheive autonomous features
- 2 systems – 1 in the front with the 3 x type 29 sensors and 1 system in the back with type 30/31 as shown in your picture.
- Both system will work itself and each sensor outputs its own tracking results. In this case is no fusion available.
- Each system controls itself and gets the dynamic data from the car.
- Split the 2 systems to 2 CANs. So the bus load is ok. If there are more than 4 sensors on 1 CAN there are too many messages on CAN.
- Normally the output data is shown on a notebook with DriveRecorder3 software. Please see the video (https://youtu.be/Kl3MVgj1qmg). The display accessory will be needed for a single sensor and to build up a standalone system without PC or control box. You will need 1 display per sensor because it is connected directly to the sensor by RS485. It is the easiest to setup a system with PC displaying.
Following additional accessories will also be needed for the above integration and please note a BUMPER is not required.
- 6x CABLE-000000 (only CAN if RS485 is not needed) – please check otherwise CABLE-000300
Following accessories are not required
- Cable stumps